Resources for School Nutrition
The following is shared with thanks to the School Nutrition Association...
Researching the School Nutrition Industry
SNA Research and information on the latest trends, factors and issues impacting school nutrition, including:
Promoting Your Program
SNA offers a variety of materials to assist members in promoting school nutrition programs and healthy school meals. These resources can help you identify new marketing opportunities, prepare you for media interviews and provide fresh ideas on ways to educate the community about your work.
Running Your Program
Tools foodservice professionals need to run their programs.
- Breakfast in the Classroom Resource Center
- Keys to Excellence
- H1N1 (Swine) Flu Resources
- School Food Equipment Grants
- School Nutrition Procurement Toolkit
- Program Accountability
- Sanitation, Food Safety and Employee Safety
- School Nutrition History
- Financial Management and Recordkeeping
- General Management
- Personnel Management
- Local School Wellness Policies
Teaching Kids About Nutrition
Novel ways to teach kids about nutrition:
Preparing School Meals
School nutrition programs open the door to increased participation with a new looks and range of tasty and appealing choices. Here you will find everything you need to stay on the cutting edge of preparing and serving delicious and nutritious meals.
- USDA School Nutrition Program Information
- School Programs USDA Foods Update Newsletters
- USDA Nutrition Education & Initiatives
- USDA Reports & Research
- USDA Special Circumstances
- USDA Food and Nutrition Accomplishments 2009-11
- USDA Foods Toolkit
- USDA FDD Management Evaluation Review Modules
- USDA Policy Memorandum FD-121: Donated Foods Possibly Containing LFTB for the NSLP (March 30, 2012)
Staff Appreciation and Events
SNA offers several staff appreciation events and personal development programs through out the year. Click on the links below to find out additional information.